Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ease

I made the calls.

The first doc I called has a horrible office. I was put on hold for a half hour twice. I told the woman I spoke to I needed two minutes of the doc's time to find out if she even treats the condition I have. The woman took my info but then called me back to say, "I talked to my coworkers and they said you have to make an appointment and come in to talk to that woman or she'll charge you to talk to you on the phone." And I said, "How can you expect me to make an appointment when I don't know if she can treat the particular condition I have? How much is an appointment?" "250 an hour," the other replied. "Sucks for you, I'm not making one," was my reply.

Then I called a different woman who someone who reads this blog had recommended. She was a totally different story. She spoke to me about my situation, took down my info, made me an appointment and when I told her that my obgyn had made me feel like a freak when I discovered I was still a virgin/ dealing with this unconsummated marriage issue said, "If you want to feel like a freak, you can, but just know I've treated about 200-300 cases of this." Wow! She put me at ease.

I'm excited. I want this to work. The sessions are very expensive and I'm not sure how I am going to afford it, but I guess we'll just have to work out a plan and hope everything goes well. It's good to know there are docs out there who can possibly help.

Maybe.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

By the way, just because this is the most major problem my husband and I are dealing with doesn't mean life just stops. There are a thousand things on my mind, other issues we need to be dealing with. This is an upsetting place in our lives in general. Imagine pressures of having to attend a family bar mitzvah in another state, the other one's graduation from high school, deal with work tensions, family expectations some of which are nuts and you also have this huge overwhelming issue underneath it all. It's just way too much. I feel like a ticking time bomb. It's hard holding all this stuff together.

2 comments:

Sun Inside Rain said...

Good for you for being your own advocate. It must be so hard to have to deal with this very difficult situation, and on top of it, to deal with stuck-up doctors. You should be respected as a potential client; after all, without clients, they are nothing.

I truly hope that this new woman turns out to be the right shaliach who will help you reach the end of the tunnel. Good luck!

Sad Jewish Girl said...

I really appreciate your kind comments. The woman at least pointed me in the right direction. Thank you!